Wednesday, October 1, 2008

whale shark in the anchorage


We took our time going up the coast. Wayne wanted to show me San Sabastian, an anchorage that he loved some 20 years ago...Well, it sure was lovely...we had internet and a whale shark!
This guy/gal was about 15 feet long and came cruzin' by the boat for about an hour. They are filter feeders...not people eaters. We ...at least Wayne.... would have jumped in but he had an ear infection and the wind was picking up and we were on a lee shore and it was getting dark and the next safe anchorage was 1 hour away so.....next time. Sure was exciting to see this huge fish up close!

2 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

I would have been in that water so fast! Bummer about the ear infection, lee shore and sun going down...

Minx said...

I am super jealous! I love whale sharks. Very cool. Carol I don't blame you for not jumping in...that it a big fish, harmless really, but big nonetheless. We will jump in together next time :)